Terms and Conditions
(Updated June 2020 – To Include Covid-19 Measures)
A deposit equivalent to the first night tariff is payable on booking. Balance is payable electonically 24 hours prior to arrival, or through cash or debit / credit card on arrival (by arrangement).
- The number of people staying in a room must not exceed the number agreed at the time of booking. At no time can room occupancy exceed that room maximum. If we become aware that more than the booked number of guests are occupying a room, we reserve the right to ask the entire party to vacate the premises, with no refund for unused days.
- We happily accept children of all ages. Please note that although we have a high chair in the dining room, none of our rooms have a cot. Infants are happily accepted in their own travel cot, subject to room maximum occupancy.
- Children under 16 years of age may not occupy a room without adult supervision.
- Regrettably, we are unable to accept any pets / animals, with the exception of service animals.
- Same-sex parties are welcome. However, we do not accept stag / hen groups without prior arrangement. Such bookings made without notification / consultation will be cancelled with no refund.
- NATIONAL FEDERATION OF YOUNG FARMERS CONFERENCE – we DO NOT accept bookings for delegates attending this conference. Any such bookings will be refused / cancelled with no refund.
- We operate a total no smoking policy, which for the avoidance of confusion, includes e-cigarettes / vaping. Guests are welcome to smoke outside including on the terrace area. Any guest smoking in the hotel will be asked to leave with no refund and may be subject to additional cleaning fees, and loss of earnings, if the room cannot be used.
- We are a licenced premises, patronage of which pays for licences, stock and disposal of cans and bottles. Alcohol not purchased from us may only be consumed in your room, and empty containers must be taken home or disposed of in public bins. We are unable to supply glasses or ice for your own alcohol.
- Anyone found in possession of, or taking any illegal substance will have their stay terminated and the matter will be reported to the police without exception.
- Check-in is from 1 pm for direct bookings and 3 pm for bookings through third-party agents. Latest check-in time is 9 pm. Check-out time 10 am (outside of these hours by arrangement). Whilst we try and accommodate early check-in / later check-out where possible, this cannot be guaranteed. We are happy to store luggage subject to space.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. We have space to accommodate between 5 and 7 cars depending on their size, and can usually accommodate all vehicles if guests work with us to best utilise spaces. The management does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to vehicles in the car park, or their contents. Guests are reminded not to leave valuables in their vehicle.
- All bookings constitute a legally binding contract.
- Guests are expected to follow Government guidance in relation to the Covid-19 outbreak, including the number of people or households staying together, wearing of face coverings, safe distancing, hand washing and hand sanitising.
- Guests experiencing symptoms or possible symptoms and their party must self-isolate, seek immediate testing, and advise us.
- If any member of your party tests positive for Covid-19, you must advise us, and return home to self isolate in line with government guidance. Should this not be possible, guests will be responsible for the cost of their extended stay (including additional meals), and for all affected bookings.
For cancellations within 30 days before the scheduled check-in time on the date of arrival, a charge equivalent to the first night price that includes any supplements selected by you will be levied. In the event of a no-show, curtailment or cancellation on the day of arrival, 100% of the price of the original booking is payable. This policy applies to bookings made direct with Grosvenor House, online booking site policies may be different, please refer to the site you book through.
We strongly recommend guests purchase adequate travel insurance, in particular, that you are covered for cancellation / curtailment of your holiday.
Should you need to amend your dates due to shielding or self-isolation, we will be as flexible as possible in rearranging dates (subject to availability) and honouring deposits.
In the event of cancellation, our standard terms apply.
As travel insurance is unlikely to cover holiday cancellations related to Covid-19, we respectfully suggest that guests do not book non-refundable rates through third parties at the present time.