At Grosvenor House we take your privacy seriously and only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you and we have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for monitoring our data protection compliance.
We collect and process your personal information & data in the following ways:
- On our websites when you visit or make or manage a reservation; when you use our contact forms for an enquiry; email sign up
- In our Reception/Reservation departments from your correspondence
- If you contact us (by phone, email, text or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you for record or training purposes, to improve the quality of our offering and to prevent and detect fraud
- When you enter our competitions
- When you register at Reception on arrival
- Whilst on the premises in the form of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- We are also working closely with third parties (including for example, Online Travel Agents) and may receive information about you from them.
We may use your personal information & data in the following ways:
- To administer a booking or reservation
- Send you emails or call you in relation to your stay
- To contact you on / after departure to complete a questionnaire
- To send you marketing & promotional emails should you opt in to this service.
- To provide you with dietary specific meals, by collecting information regarding your dietary requirements
- Other communications for example responding to requests or general customer service
- We use closed circuit television at our property that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas for the protection of our staff, guests and visitors to our property where permitted by law.
Sensitive personal data
We do not collect sensitive personal data (such as racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc) unless it is volunteered by you. In order to tailor product offers to your circumstances we may sometimes ask for information such as your age or any disability that you may have. As with all data, it is entirely up to you to decide whether or not you are happy to provide this information. Sensitive personal data will only be used in order for us to fulfil our contract with you to provide the services that you have requested. We may use data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs (for example, the provision of disability access). You do not need to provide us with personal information simply to browse our website.
We use a secure website to obtain your credit/debit card information in order to process any purchases/bookings made on our site. Credit/debit card information may also be requested over the phone when a booking is being made. We will never ask you to send us this information electronically. All such information is stored on a secure system and will only be accessed when necessary to take payments as outlined in our Terms & Conditions. This data will kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil your contract with us (unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law) before being disposed securely.
- Marketing & Promotional e-mails provide a link at the end of the e-mail to unsubscribe from that service.
- Please note that it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to your bookings or reservations.
Non-disclosure to third parties
We do not share your data with any other company for marketing purposes
We may share your data with agencies such as law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by any applicable law
We may share your data with banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our or your behalf (for example to process payments and send you email). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Please note that we do not collect any personal information from children under 16 years of age, except their name and age in relation to a booking or potential booking with us, to help us offer the most appropriate accommodation. No child under 16 should submit any personal information to us. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to us, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Retaining personal information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Our website uses “cookies” which are harmless small text files that are placed on your machine to help the website provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser. Please note, if cookies are disabled, the online browsing experience may be limited.
For more information about cookies, please visit the About Cookies webpage.
Getting in contact
If you would like to review, access, amend or update your information please contact:
This policy was updated on 22nd 2018.