Great idea to turn your visit to Torquay this season, into a short break on the English Riviera. Our weather is often warmer than other parts of the country, ideal for enjoying your football, and taking in some of our natural and man-made attractions (see our Riviera Guide).
And whether traditional footballing food is your favourite fayre, or you prefer mouth-watering local seafood, we have restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets.
This season Grosvenor House has teamed up with Torquay United to welcome travelling fans to the Riviera. Here’s the highlights:
- Comfy Beds And Great Value
- Choose a Quick Weekend Trip, Long Weekend Break, or a Midweek Getaway
- Families Welcome – Rooms Flexible to Meet Most Party Sizes
- Free Parking On Our Forecourt
- ¼ Mile From Torquay Station
- Bus Service Outside The Door To And From Plainmoor
- Close To Beach, Town & Harbour
- Prices Include Choice Of Breakfast – From Healthy To Hearty
- Special Dietary Requirements Catered For
- Licenced Bar – With Local Ales / Ciders, Lager, Wine, Spirits, Soft Drinks, Tea / Coffee.
- Separate Guest Lounge – Relax or Play One Of Our Board Games
- Sun-trap Patio (If visiting in the warmer months)
- Football Chat & Banter Definitely Welcome
We look forward to welcoming you.
Travel by bus
Getting to Plainmoor – Bus 35A right outside Grosvenor House (19,39,59 past the hour) – journey time is about half an hour. Return to Grosvenor House -Bus 35C from Plainmoor (05, 25 and 45 past the hour) drops you at the door (See full timetable).
A buy on the bus Dayrider ticket (£5 adults, £3.50 kids or £10 for a group of up to 5 people) gets you all day bus travel – stop off in Torquay before the match – or spend the morning exploring Paignton or Brixham.
Visiting fans should use the turnstiles just off Warboro Road for the Riviera Rentals Away Stand. These are cash only, so if you need to pay by card, head to the ticket office near the main entrance.
Whether you’re supporting red & white, blue & white, black & white, or any range of other colours, welcome fans. Have a safe journey to us, and we look forward to welcoming you to Grosvenor House, and making your footballing break an enjoyable one.
Paula & Ray