This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Grosvenor House is a guest house in Torquay situated in the English Riviera, close to the beach and shops. The guest house in situated on a hill with a walk down hill to the beach. There is a bus stop opposite where the No 32 bus stops coming from the harbour. The bus stop for services to the harbour is approximately 100 metres from the front door up a steady incline.
- We have 8 bedrooms available, 3 on the ground floor, 5 on the first floor.
- We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01803 294110 or email email@example.com.
- The Guest House post code is TQ2 5JP which can be entered into Google maps along with your postcode to gain directions.
- The nearest rail station is Torquay which is approximately 600 metres from the Guest House coming from the station the last part is uphill.
- Taxis are available at the station.The coach station is 1500 metres away again taxis are available
CAR PARKING AND ARRIVAL
- Our accommodation is ready by 2.00 pm but may be available earlier on request.
- We having 7 marked car parking spaces in front of the Guest House, sometimes cars have to park in tandem. Please park considerately.
- When full cars are parked right up to the front door step. On road parking is also available opposite the guest house.
- There are 2 steps into the guest house.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- The front door, which is 84cm wide, leads into the bar which also acts as the reception area.
- There is bench seating or stools available.The floor is carpeted.Guests will be shown to their bedrooms as well as the location of the lounge and dining room.
- Grosvenor House has a variety of rooms, many of which are flexible regarding layout.
- All are en-suite.
- Fold up beds may be used for children in family rooms.
- The fire alarm in all the bedrooms have warning lights as well as audible sounders.
- All rooms have a light controlled from beside the bed.
- All bedrooms have digital TV with subtitles.
BATHROOMS, SHOWER-ROOMS & TOILETS (ENSUITE OR SHARED)
- All bedrooms are en-suite with WC, step in shower and hand basin, in one room the hand basin is sited in the bedroom.
- Most bathrooms have a sliding door with an average opening of 65 – 70 cms
- Toilets are normal height
PUBLIC AREAS – HALLS, STAIRS, LANDINGS, CORRIDORS
- A staircase of 14 stairs, 98 cms wide leads up from the ground floor, with a banister on the right hand side. There is then a further step to two of the bedrooms and four steps to the other three bedrooms on the first floor.
- A staircase of 16 stairs, 75 cms wide, leads down to the lower ground floor with a handrail either side, the dining room is situated on this floor.
- The floors are carpeted throughout.
PUBLIC AREAS – LOUNGE
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor on the level from the bar lounge
- There are six tub-style armchairs, a 2 seater tub-style settee and 2 armchairs chairs – all 49 cms high.
- There is a unisex toilet at the end of the corridor on the ground floor with a door opening outwards with a 64cms opening, the WC is 41cms high, there is a small handbasin.
- The dining room is on the lower ground floor, staircase described above.
- There are separate tables 74 cms high with chairs 48 cms high. The floor is carpeted.
- We can cater for most diets by arrangement
- Cooked breakfast is served to the table, cereals, juices, yogurts etc. are self service but we are on hand to assist if necessary.